This week we tried an experienent. 4 hosts did their best to create a playable fringeworthy adventure in 20 minutes based on 3 objects, persons, or places (set of 3) given to them by another host. The results can be heard here and downloaded from the Fans of Fringworthy facebook page or email a host if you don't do facebook. Hope you like them.
Archive for the 'Tri Tac News' Category
- Rewrite the Star Platform section of the World Creation rules.
- Flesh out the Europe of Alt 0,2 for sure this week.
- Work more on FringeCorp.
- Merge in the Mellor to the rules.
- General editing of things.
Here's how things progressed and not progressed on the Savage Worlds Fringeworthy rules:
- Work on more Archetypes: Completed the archetypes for all the standard races. Didn’t include an archetype for Fringeborn as they pretty much are similar to those in this book and the Savage World Deluxe book. If other races are introduced, I’ll add at least two archetypes for them.
- Flesh out Europe a bit for Alt 0,2: Didn’t get to, though I thought about it and did more research on the French Revolution and how this world’s one went in a different direction without the American revolution as an example.
- More editing: Cleaned up a few more things and grammar.
- Brainstormed FringeCorp some more: Did, and couldn’t come up with anything. I really could use some suggestions from you folks.
- Extra: Merged in the World Creation rules and I think they need more going over and rewriting. Especially the Star Platform section.
OK, so update for this week. I'll save the podcasts for big announcements. So progress this week:
- Consider a map for Alt 0,2: So, I considered doing a map, and decided to leave that open to the GMs to do. I'll explain the political climate, and describe some of the background, and you can assume that what I don't talk about is pretty much similar to our timeline.
- Finalize on what kinds of Archetypes to add to the game: Not necessarily finalize, but decided to do at least two or three novice character archetypes for each of the starting races in the book. Consider them a jumping off point. I started with the Victorians and moved on to the Golden Horde. One goal I do have is not to duplicate existing Archetypes. That may take some doing.
- More editing: Fixed the references to what the target number is. May still have to go through and fix the wording that uses the phrase "target number."
- Expand FringeCorp: Thought about FringeCorp and didn't come up with anything as of yet. Thoughts and ideas of how FringeCorp works, markets, and what it is exactly it sells to the people of Earth Prime?
For next week:
- Work on more Archetypes.
- Flesh out Europe a bit for Alt 0,2.
- More editing.
- Brainstorm FringeCorp some more.
- Update Campaign Types for Portal Book 4: Talked to Richard Tucholka and at this time, I'm not going to make any radical changes to the Campaign Types. Just editing for content.
- Add UN Budget Rules for Early Years: Added and they definitely need another set of eyes to review and comment on.
- Update UNIDA description: Didn't get it done. Too much other stuff going on.
- New: Added Freelancer Character class. A new class of mercenary drifters who work for themselves.
- Start on sandbox for Alt 0,2: Victorian 2 Earth/American Rebellion Earth
- Create Archetypes for Fringeworthy
- General Editing
- The first sandboxed world, The Junkyard pokiwol, has been created with adventure hooks.
- The Fringeborn Character template has been added to the Character Creation section of the rules.
- The Fringeborn Edge has been created.
- Ported over the d20 Fringeworthy Campaign types and models.
- Renamed the United Nations Space Agency to the World Aeronautics Exploration Agency, WAXA. This was added at the same time I added the United Nations Peacekeepers, Fringe Division.
- Update the Campaign Types to take account of Portals Book 4. Events in that book will alter potential campaign types.
- Add in Budget rules for IDE Teams due to the fact that the UN doesn't have much money.
- Update the UNIDA description to make it clear that it's an affiliate organization to the UN, that's beholden to the Security Council.
- Add in the new character type: The Freelancer. A Fringeworthy explorer who doesn't belong to UNIDA or TÆSS.
An update on the status of the Savage Worlds Fringeworthy game. We talk about why it's late, what to expect in this new version of the game, and John Reiher apologizes for the delay in getting it out. We talk about the changes to the background and how things work in this game. And that we'll have both a player's guide version as well as a full GM's version.
Trav and Bruce related how their game sessions at Gencon went.
More info on Origins including a new product that will premiere there. Be sure to check out Trav's games at Gencon.